Web design agency business model
An effective small business website model can ease the pain of inefficient search engines, foster trust between you and your potential customers and help you gain traction in a fast paced and fiercely competitive market. However, there are a few tried and true methods that successful business models have adopted. Here are a few key pieces of advice that will get you and your business off the ground.
1) Choose a Solid Domain Name
A name says a lot about you and your business and one of the first things your visitors will see. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of businesses competing for the interest and attention of visitors. Choosing something forgettable can doom you to the sea of anonymity. Keep it simple and easy to remember. Confusing names that fail to communicate what you are about and overly long or complicated acronyms can be the death of a small business websites, so there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Choose a .com over a .net or .org if it possible
- If your chosen URL is already taken, try adding your city and/or state to differentiate
- Keep your URL is kept short, striking and simple
- Avoid using symbols, numbers and hyphens whenever possible.
- Keep it original and not already copyrighted. Litigation over something as simple and easily avoided as a domain name can be the death of a small businesses.
- Register your domain name with a reputable service provider for a lengthy period of time.
2) Contact Information
Keep your contact information especially your phone number somewhere prominent, usually at the top of every page where it can be easily found even if they leave the home page. The internet has also made the world a smaller place in terms of communication; to that end, it is imperative you keep your usual operation hours and location posted, along with your time zone (if appropriate for your business) in case your potential customer lives overseas and wants to contact you at a respectable business hour rather than 4 AM in the morning. Easily accessed contact information saves both you and your potential customers potential headaches.